Digital Art Director
Sound like you?
You want to be unforgettable and make unforgettable things. Every time out.
You have a talent for using visuals to communicate and make people feel something. You agonize for inordinately long periods over the exact right typeface to use. You ask yourself questions like “if a picture can tell a thousand words, how many words can a GIF or the perfectly looped video tell?” You believe each and every pixel deserves to be represented at its best.
If you join us, you’ll collaborate with creatives, strategists and engineers who stop at nothing to make ideas come to life. Along with your team you’ll be the daily champion of simple, beautiful and fresh. You’ll be happy to be in an environment that celebrates “we” over “I”. You’ll already be passionate, resilient and resourceful when you arrive but you’ll also be excited to be powered to new heights by a crew who is forever humble and hungry to its core.
- Exquisite conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design
- Naturally human-centric approach to work and life
- A deep and almost uncomfortable love for UXD
- Own projects from concept through launch...and beyond, because digital never ends
- Work closely with a diverse range of cowboys that include Creative Directors, Developers, Strategists, Content Managers, and UXDs.
- Demand and deliver quality assurance of all creative deliverables
- Ability to clearly and concisely explain ideas to the client and internal teams
- Strong presentation skills
- Positivity and optimism flow naturally
- Direct and delegate to team and/or outside partners
- Constant advocate and champion of client objectives
- 6+ years of experience in the creative digital space
- 1+ years in a leadership role
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of interactivity for web, mobile web, and native apps.
- A strong background in creative problem solving, strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Ability to work, think, and respond quickly, maintaining attention to detail on multiple projects simultaneously
- Motivated, decisive, and dedicated to great
- Able to create materials for client presentations
- Well-versed in interactive technologies, best practices and relentlessly curious about emerging trends, platforms and products
- Love of collaboration
- Ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale for client and team
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate), Sketch, Invision, or other prototyping software.
- Mobile-first experience
- Experience working with e-commerce, content platforms, social, and mobile applications for major brands
- Ability to create clickable or animated prototypes
- Experience with an agile or kanban workflow
- Experience with SASS and Bootstrap
Extra Extra Credit
- Ability to prototype directly with Bootstrap
- Solid Health Bennies.
- 401k and Profit Share Programs.
- A stocked Kegerator with rotating brews (goes well with #1).
- The office - built into John Wanamaker’s old penthouse apartment, smack in the middle of the city. Like none you’ve ever seen.
- Vacation policy: We all take them and love the refreshing feeling they offer. So, our policy is unlimited vacay.
- A work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, risk-taking and growth.
We’re Red Tettemer O'Connell + Partners, an ad agency that always strives to be honest and true, cool under pressure, resourceful and tough with an appropriately proportioned soft spot. Colorful, serious when necessary, funny when called for, sentimental sometimes, shit-kickingly competitive all the time and profoundly plain and simple by nature. Always ready to ride in and save the day. Passionate and opinionated yet collaborative and with out conceit. Curious. Prompt. Courteous. Prepared. Willing to trust guts and fly by a pant's seat. Driven by ideas, belief in principles, good food, and well-aged single malt scotch. Shitheads need not apply.