You've been there and done that. You know your ends (front and back) and your means (solid code and the people skills to fill in the rest). You're probably not a designer, but you've got an eye for what looks good. And dang, that last site you helped put together just felt good. You're passionate, resilient, and a leader who can grab a project by the reins (gently, or not) and usher it through the toil and tangle to the promised land...launch and beyond.
You’re a mid-to-senior-level full-stack developer, and you’re looking to work with our digital team to create the things that really bring brands to life online.
Is that you? Because we're looking for someone just like that.
Here's our general stack – ideally you're very familiar with most of these:
- Ruby on Rails / PostgreSQL
- Git / GitHub
- Responsive design
- Best practices in the stuff that's all around web - SEO, Email, Ecomm, Content, etc.
(If you’re not 100% on these things – that’s cool. We take pride in helping our teammates learn new stuff.)
And even more ideally:
- You have a love of big ideas.
- You enjoy being a part of a team more than you enjoy being a lone wolf.
- You're curious to keep learning new techniques and you're keeping up with today's digital trends.
- You've helped lead a development team in the past and feel comfortable in a managing role.
- You know your capabilities and can estimate and deliver work on time.
- You can articulate technical topics in an audience-appropriate way.
- You speak up when stuff isn't going right.
- You do your very best to stay positive and confront challenges head-on.
- You've worked in the ad biz before, and you're familiar with all of its intangibles.
We’d also love it if you brought some shiny new techniques, ideas and skills to the party. We’re building a team of diverse expertise, so anything goes. Let us know if you’ve got something you can add to the fray.
This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills. This is important enough that it gets its own paragraph. You’ll be a member of a distributed agency with teams in Philadelphia and Los Angeles. Good communication is essential, and lots of that communication will be over email or video/audio chat.
Send your résumé and a short cover letter with links to your favorite web experiences (developed by you or by others - we want a sense of what you're into) and to your website if you've got one. A link to a portfolio of your work will greatly help us evaluate your application. Code examples on Github are OK too, but live examples of your work are best. If we think you're a match, we'll be in touch.
- A competitive salary.
- Solid Health Bennies.
- 401k and Profit Share Programs.
- A stocked Kegerator with rotating brews.
- The office - built into John Wanamaker’s old penthouse apartment, smack in the middle of the city. Like none you’ve ever seen.
- Vacation policy: We all take them and love the refreshing feeling they offer and so our policy is unlimited vacay.
- A work environment that enthusiastically encourages creativity, risk-taking and growth.
That's our mission. Simple to say. Nearly impossible to pull off. But when you set the bar that high, every single jump has meaning.