You’re a full-stack developer, maybe even working in the trenches for an ad agency or a software shop. You're (probably!) not a designer, but you've got an eye for what looks good. And dang, that last site you helped put together just felt nice. You're passionate, resilient, and a leader who thrives on solving new problems and keeping an eye on old ones that might crop up for us and the brands we help put online.
Is that you? Because RTO+P's Digital team is looking for someone just like that.
Here's our general stack – ideally you're very familiar with most of these:
- Ruby on Rails
(If you’re not 100% on these things, that’s cool. We take pride in helping our teammates learn new stuff.)
And even more ideally:
- You have a love of big ideas.
- You enjoy being a part of a team more than you enjoy being a lone wolf.
- You're curious to keep learning new techniques and you're keeping up with today's digital trends.
- You've helped an agency development team in the past and feel comfortable changing context frequently.
- You know your capabilities and can estimate and deliver work on time.
- You can articulate technical topics in an audience-appropriate way.
- You speak up when stuff isn't going right.
- You do your very best to stay positive and confront challenges head-on.
We’d also love it if you brought some shiny new techniques, ideas and skills to the party. We’re building a team of diverse expertise, so anything goes. Let us know if you’ve got something you can add to the fray. We're particularly interested in enhancing our capabilities in the areas of web-based 3D like Three.js, smart contracts and NFTs, Web3 frontends, and AR.
This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills. This is important enough that it gets its own paragraph. You’ll be a member of a distributed agency. Good communication is essential, and lots of that communication will be over email, chat and video/audio calls.
Send your résumé and a short cover letter with links to your favorite web experiences (developed by you or by others - we want a sense of what you're into) and to your website (if you've got one). A link to a portfolio of your work will greatly help us evaluate your application. Live code examples work best of all. If we think you're a match, we'll be in touch.
- A competitive salary and 401(k) plan opportunity.
- A solid health benefits package, all on us.
- A stocked kegerator with rotating brews (goes well with #2).
- Our agency wellness program. We call it Cowboy Strong.
- Vacation policy: We all take them and love the refreshing feeling they offer, so our policy is unlimited vacay.
That's our mission. Simple to say. Nearly impossible to pull off. But when you set the bar that high, every single jump has meaning.